Songwriting Contest Rules and Requirements
1. All songs entered must be completely original and must not infringe on any copyrights or any rights of a third party. By entering Show Me the Music the entrant will not hold Show Me the Music liable for any claims inconsistent with the foregoing. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
2. This competition is open to all amateur and professional songwriters. Void where prohibited. All federal, international, state and local laws apply.
3. Employees, families, subsidiaries, and affiliates of Show Me the Music are not eligible to enter.
4. All materials sent to Show Me the Music will not be returned.
5. YOU DO NOT LOSE RIGHTS TO YOUR SONG! Entrants retain all ownership rights to every song(s) submitted. Show me the Music does not obtain any ownership rights to any song(s) submitted.
6. Entrant must acknowledge and agree to release and hold harmless Show Me the Music, it’s sponsors, and judges from any liability, damages, or claims for loss or injury to any and all persons or property in connection with, directly or indirectly, to the entrant.
7. Entries will be screened by the Show Me the Music staff. Finalists will be judged by producers, current artists, songwriters, industry professionals, music publishers, and record label executives.
8. Songs will be judged on melody, song structure, originality, and lyrics. Songs will not be judged on production quality or vocals!
9. Winners prize package will be distributed to the first name as it appears on the entry form. Division of prize to co-author(s) is sole responsibility of winning entrant.
10. Taxes on any and all prizes are the winner’s responsibility
11. Show Me the Music reserves the right to extend the deadline of the competition if deemed necessary.
12. Entrant fully accepts and understands that the winning song (his or hers) may be used in a non royalty format for promotional use and distribution only. The winning song(s) will not be made for sale. Entrant gives permission to Show Me the Music to use winners name, likeness, and voice for any and all future advertising and promotions without compensation.
13. There will be four rounds of judging. 1. Screening 2. Preliminary finalists 3. Category finalists 4. Winners
14. Winners will be notified by standard mail and must return a signed affidavit confirming the winning song is an original and he or she possesses all rights to the song. If affidavit is not signed and returned within 15 business days you will be disqualified and an alternative winner will be chosen.
15. With all earnest effort winners will be selected by March 18th, 2012. Winners will be notified by standard mail, e-mail, or phone. All prizes will be distributed in a timely manner. Winning entrants must acknowledge and accept that they (winners) must be flexible with date of receiving prize within foregoing deadlines. Show Me the Music retains all rights to choose alternate Winner if Winner is not available to receive prizes.
16. Prizes subject to availability and cooperation of sponsors. Show Me the Music will award prizes of equal or greater value if a substitution is necessary.
17. All mailed in entries must be postmarked on or before February 15th 2012.
Show Me the Music retains the rights to extend these dates if deemed necessary.